- Explicit and informed consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed
- There is a legitimate interest in processing data
- It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which the person has entered into or because the person has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract or agreement;
- There is a legal obligation on CommUNITY Barnet to process the data
Where relying solely on consent as the basis for processing data, we request your explicit consent and you can modify or withdraw this consent at any time.CommUNITY Barnet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Regardless of any change to this policy, we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations in law. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the date stated at the end of this document.What data do we collect?We collect some personal information in order to deliver our services and respond to queries and requests for information, service and support, running training, seminars, workshops and events, support sector organisations, promoting and best practice and keep partners, service users and community members up to date with our work and local developments.To do so we may collect the following information:
- name and surname
- job title and employer
- contact information including address, phone numbers and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the data we process?We require this information in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have requested it
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We will not sell anyone’s personal data for commercial purposes. The only services we might help to promote in this way are also non-profit community or voluntary services.Your rights in relation to your personal data
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please submit your requests in writing to [contact]. A small fee may be payable if an information request is particularly onerous.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, but this may inhibit or limit the way in which we are able to interact with you. If you wish to restrict the data we hold about you, please contact us in writing. (see contact details below).
- You may request deletion of the data we hold about you at any time in writing, subject to any legal obligation on CommUNITY Barnet to retain data, such as the retention of Gift Aid records for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs or safeguarding purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe please contact us in writing. (see contact details below).
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us in writing as soon as possible (see contact details below). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.